Proper closing of your pool is highly essential for an easy start up in the spring. Here is what we recommend using when closing with Advanced Blue.
- Make sure the water is balanced as normal. pH and Alkalinity must be in range.
- Shock the pool with 1 pound of Advanced Shock per each 10,000 gallons of pool water. Run the filter after shocking for 24 hours.
- Vacuum the pool and backwash the filter.
- Adjust the Advanced Blue level to .9ppm.
- Algae is still possible in the colder months. We suggest topping off your Advanced Blue levels to help reduce the chance of algae and bacterial growth.
- Add 2 ounces of Advanced Clear to each 10,000 gallons of pool water
- Follow the recommendations from your equipment manuals to prevent freezing.
- Cover your pool to prevent debris from entering the water.