AHH-Some Hot Tub, Swim Spa, Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner - 2oz or 6oz
AHH-Some Spa / Hot Tub Plumbing Jet Cleaner
Ahh-Some an environmentally safe bio cleaner and clarifier. It is designed to remove pipe/ jet build-up, it purges your plumbing in your hot water environments like your hot tubs and jetted tubs! Your hot tub sits at high temperatures for long periods of time and biofilm will start collecting to your pipes. No matter what chemicals you are using this will happen. Ahh-Some is made to attack the biofilm and clear it out of the pipes, within minutes! You will know that it is working because the biofilm will float to the top of your spa and stick to the sides. You typically will use Ahh-Some when you are ready for fresh water and draining your spa.
This product is for your Spas and is used in addition to the chemical lines you are currently using and is compatible with all chemical lines!
- Filter and plumbing lines stay “whistle clean”.
- Salt generator cells last longer (you can decrease the production level with Ahh-Some Water Clarifier & Bio-Cleaner).
- Less red-eye and green hair syndrome.
- Liners will last longer and remain supple (not dry out as fast).
- Aggregate surfaces will be smoother with fewer calcium barnacles.
- Heater, heat pump, and solar systems will last longer due to lower sanitizer levels.
- Pool cleaners have fewer particulates to capture lowering turbidity levels.
- YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
1. Adjust water chemistry to proper balance. Add additional sanitizer before purging.
2. Remove all pillows and headrests if removable.
3. Add 3/4 level teaspoon per 100 gallons of Ahh-Some.
4. Remove filter(s) from hot tub filter well. Hose them off. Place them into the hot tub.
5. Run the pump(s) and blower to attain maximum circulation. Be sure to open-air intake valve(s). Note: Foaming will occur soon after pumps are turned on. This is Normal.
6. If Foaming is excessive, turn the pump(s) off for a few minutes. Turn on again soon after.
7. Run the jets and blower (if equipped) for 20-30 minutes opening ALL jets and waterfalls.
8. Shut the system down. Wipe away clinging gunk and grime from the shell with a towel.
9. Drain the tub. Be sure to dump as much of the dirty water as possible. It is Ok to drain on the ground, in flower gardens, or grass. Do NOT drain into lakes or a stream.
10. Remove the filter(s) from the hot tub and hose clean. Rinse the tub with fresh water.
11. Use rubber gloves and a good cleaner while rinsing and wiping the shell.
12. Mix 1/8th of a level teaspoon of Ahh-Some with 32 ounces of water in a trigger spray bottle to make a wonderful cleaner for the acrylic shell wipe-down. (Optional)
13. Wipe the hot tub as clean as possible, getting the sticky gunk off the interior finish.
14. Fill the hot tub with water to the proper level; replace the filter(s) into the filter well. Balance water and add proper sanitizer. Be sure to use a reliable test kit for proper chemistry.
15. Repeat every 4-6 months. Some tubs may need consecutive and additional purges.
Ingredients are on this SDS Sheet CLICK HERE
Within minutes the sludge was coming out. I have never used a product like this. It seemed to do its job. I also loved that we emptied the water on the lawn with no adverse effects as the hot tub is to far out to drain elsewhere.
Clean freak over here especially when im relaxing in my spa. This product cleaned the pipes on my spa and my water is easier to balance after usage. The grime in the pipes really affects my water clarity. Glad I tried it out and now I can not go without it! Shipping was super fast and the product was packaged very nicely.
Owned a hot tub for around 15 years. Quickly learned maintenance every 6 months is a must. I have used multiple pipe purge products and this one by far works better than the rest. Make sure to follow guidelines on how much to use or you will have a foam pit (been there done that)... Would absolutely recommend to all hot tub owners.
Macke Pool & Patio's price for Ahh-Some was better than comparable cleaners at competitive merchants. My order arrived within a few days and was packaged well for shipping.
I purchased Ahh-Some because our 20+ year old spa's shell has been getting a green stain just above the water line. A local spa merchant mentioned that this might be do to the plumbing having a buildup of grim, and recommended a cleaning agent be used. Our spa is drained and it's shell cleaned, at least twice a year.
Ahh-Some is easy to use and there was a noticeable amount of sludge in the foam that was produced, but I'm not certain if that sludge was a result of cleaning the plumbing or just removing body oils and shedded skins cells from the water. I mention this because I get the same sludge coated foam when I use a water purifier.
Draining the tub and wiping down the shell is a must after using Ahh-Some. The sludge does stick to the shell, and just using a sponge or cloth to clean this off doesn't work. It is a bit sticky and I had to use some Soft Scrub to get it clean. That was followed up with rinsing the shell with clean water and draining the rinse water out of the tub.
After refilling the tub with water and letting it run to reheat the water, I was still getting a bit of dirty foam. I suppose this was due to the piping system still holding some water that contained Ahh-Some. I was able to remove this foam by dipping a small plastic container near the foam.
It's been a week since the cleaning and the water is still very clear. As for the return of the stain, more time will be needed to determine if this is going to help. Prior draining and refilling resulted in the stain returning after about a month.
In conclusion, Ahh-Some does work to clarify the water, but without actually being able to see the inside of the plumbing pipes, I don't know if a standard water clarifier would work just a well.
This product works great, my hot tub is Crystal clear after using this. And Macke Pool provides fantastic customer support, I will definitely be buying all my supplies from here in the future!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this septic tank safe?
It is Septic Safe!
Can you use this on an inflatable hot tub?
Yes! Be sure to wipe all the released sticky gunk with a wet towel so it doesn't dry on the shell.
Is this product compatible with baqua sanitizer?
Yes it is. You will be using this product to clean the bio-contaminants out of your plumbing and jets. You will not be using this while enjoying your tub soak. We will work really well to rid your system of white water mold as well if you have this when using the Baquaspa.
Have a 1200 gal swim spa with white mold. How do I use the Ahh-some?
Add the Ahh-Some plumbing cleaner (1 ounce), that is half of the 2 ounce container. Turn jets on and watch the gunk and mold pour out. You must drain the spa, rinse and wipe and refill.
Can it be used with bromine?
Yes, Ahh-Some works on Bromine Hot Tubs. Remember, you are draining the water AFTER you use the product. When Ahh-Some does it's job the water in the hot tub will look nasty. This is a cleaner that cleans plumbing gunk.
Will this work on killing pink mold?
Yes. Works great on eliminating white or pink mold especially if you are using Baquacil.
Can this purge be done with cold water or does it have to be warm?
We suggest using it with warm water, it works better!
Can this product be used in a wooden hot tub?
Absolutely! It will release lots of stuff that may be harboring in the wood surface. It works great with wooden tubs.
If I intend to empty a hot tub for few months, should I use this product with the existing water and just drain it before emptying the hot tub?
Yes, but use the product just prior to when you plan on dumping the water. This works perfect for when you want to start it back up, you will have fresh clean water!
What are the ingredients in Ahh-Some and is it harmful in any way?
It is not harmful! Here is the SDS Sheet. https://www.ahhsome.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Ahh-Some%C2%AE-Hot-Tub-Jetted-Bath-Plumbing-Jet-Cleaner_GHS_MSDS_9_15_2019.pdf
Can I use Ahh-some on anything else?
Absolutely! Ahh-Some Hot Tub Cleaner is great at removing mold, algae and mildew from any surface. Dilute 5 teaspoons of gel in a 5 gallon bucket or sprayer and clean roof stains, vinyl siding mold, concrete driveways, sidewalks, shower stalls and any hard surface. Ahh-Some is AWESOME!
We are using Ahh-some for the first time and it looks like another purge is necessary, do we need to drain and refill hot tub each time we purge?
Yes! You will achieve better results by emptying and rinsing the tub and refilling. be sure to wipe off any sticky gunk that may be clinging to the shell at the waterline. Don't let that dry on the shell. Wipe it with a wet towel or rag as you dee it form.
How many cleanings can you get from this container?
This is a gel and you measure it with a teaspoon. The 2 ounce container is enough cleaner for 16 jetted bath purges and approximately 2 or 3 Hot Tub Purges depending on the gallonage. This is a very concentrated cleaner somdo not overdose.
I have a white chalky waterline ring in my spa. When I touch it it's powdery and coats your finger. Is this white mold?
Possibly. If you take a small amount of the white stuff and place a drop or 2 of bleach on it, see if it dissolves immediately. If not, it my be calcium deposits or just a conglomeration of bio-contaminants. Be sure you are using chlorine or bromine as a sanitizer and that the pH, total alkalinity and calcium Hardness levels are in their balanced state.
If I get the product for jetted tub, can I use the same product for my dishwasher and washing machine?
You can but you will need to use little more of the gel to get the higher detergent you will need. So, yes you can, but use 3/4 of a teaspoon instead of the 1/2 teaspoon. Great question I might add.
can it be used to clean a spa bathtub (indoor)?
Yes, if the spa has jets!